In certain ways.. I am content...
Now I have time with my kids and my kids are quite secure & happy knowing that their mom spend most of the day at home.. They know that when they are sick or just cranky & needy that their mom will be there to nurse them back to health or just sit & watch them play.. My hubby is also happy coz he knows that I won't leave them to rush to work early in the morning and come back home late or have to work during weekends or public holidays.. For this I am content because my family is happy..
Don't get me wrong ya.. I am not a full-time housewife.. I have a maid to do some of the house chores & take care of the kids.. I have two stores at Bangi and two blogshops to manage.. For the stores, each have one full-time staff & one part-time staff and so far their are quite good at handling the stores so i don't have much problem with them..
For the blogshops, i manage them when i'm free which now is a bit tricky coz the kids are quite demanding of my time and i don't have the heart to work when they clearly want me to spend time with them.. InsyaAllah i'm trying to find a way to work around this situation..
My typical day now is usually like this:
- Ready breakfast for hubby & the boys
- Online to check/reply order, inquiry or comments
- Bathe & clothe the boys (they love the water so this will take some time..hehe)
- Feed the boys (which take quite some time too coz they will not sit still so the maid & I need to chase them or in some cases persuade them to eat)
- Play or watch tv with the kids
- Cook lunch/dinner
- Feed the boys lunch
- Put them to bed (which need some persuasion..huhu)and sometime take naps with them
- Get online to check email, comments, orders, etc
- Twice/Thrice a week went out to check on the store at Bangi or go out with my biz partner Nowwa since she's also self-employed like me so her time too is quite flexible
- If hubby comes home early so ready lunch or tea
- Ready dinner
- Bathe, clothe & feed the boys
- Have dinner together with hubby
- Play with the boys before getting them to bed
- Get online if have time
- Spend time with hubby watching tv, talking, etc =)
Hmmm... some of you might say my day is boring but to me I'm quite happy with it coz i have time for my kids, hubby and sometime i have time for myself.. i can go out anytime i want (but with hubby's permission of course).. pamper myself when i want to.. Take the boys here and there when i feel like it.. Go to my mom's or MIL anytime..
Oh yes.. my hubby is also self-employed so sometimes both of us do go out together when we feel like it.. so I am content =)