Monday, March 15, 2010

The verdict is out..

OKAYYY
Call me old-fashioned..
but is it sooo wrong if I were to say that I still prefer my Avent Manual Breastpump???
.
I have been using my new Medela Swing BP since last Friday but although there are some advantages to using it such as:
- my hands are quite free (at least one of them) so I can use to type or browse the net
- not so tiring to the hands
- can multitasking while pumping
BUT
- it is just toooooo bulky & heavy to carry
- such a hassle to assemble
- i think it took the same time (or sometimes longer) to finish
- the output is not as much when using the manual (sometimes a difference of 2-4oz!)
- and it just hit me today that there are no visible power points in my office store (my manufacturing area) so I need to use the batteries (which Alhamdulillah someone in the office had some to spare)
.
HOWEVER
coz i spent around rm650 (in the market it retails for rm799 but i found a great deal @ wanitamelayu.com) so i will make an effort to get use to my new Medela Swing..
.
HOPEFULLY
with the help of both pumps.. i can fully BF my baby at least up to a year (if possible more)
-ameen-
.

3 comments:

SuE KasSiM said...

ooo yeke eliza..aku xde pengalaman mengepam susu..dulu ader cuba masa izzah memula lahir dulu..tp kelakarnye susu kuwar x byk..around2oz je..aku ingatkan susu x ckp utk anak aku..sbb cam sket je..tapi bila die minum directly to the breast..kenyang la plak..rupanye die mmg minum sikit2 tp byk kali..
anyway as long as kau leh bf go pn with it bebeh..it has so muany benefit..

Eliza said...

tu la.. sbb nak fully bf so kena berkorban sket... kalu tak kerana aku determine, dah lama aku campur2.. seriyes penat and malas tul nak pam sbb makan masa tau..

Audriena said...

ala... pedulikan orang, eliza. different mommies different preferences. kalau kita ok ngan benda yang orang lain tak ok, biarkan. tak kacau orang, dok?

ngeh ngeh ngeh (aku yang tak dapat bf) huhuhu